Assessment & Evaluation
The primary purpose of assessment, evaluation, grading and reporting is to improve student learning. Our educators are committed to designing and implementing authentic assessment strategies that promote improved student achievement of the provincial curriculum expectations. The following items are intended to provide information and support in this important area.
Grade 1 - 12
- Ministry - Assessment and Evaluation
- Supporting Your Child's Learning Through Assessment, Evaluation and Reporting
- Provincial Report Cards
EQAO is responsible for Ontario’s provincial assessment program. EQAO’s provincial tests assess student literacy (reading and writing) and math skills at three points in their kindergarten to Grade 12 education. EQAO also coordinates student participation in national and international assessments on behalf of the Government of Ontario.
- Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO)
- Grade 9 Mathematics
- Parent Information
- Information for Parents and Guardians About the EQAO Primary and Junior Division Assessments
- Support Guide for Parents - EQAO