It is mental health week, the perfect time to take a minute and focus on our own mental health and well-being. Below is a video that talks about the 5 ways of well-being.
Monday Focus - Connecting
Connecting with the people around you, with family, friends, colleagues and neighbours, at home, work, school or in your local community. Social relationships are key to promoting good well-being. Think of these as the cornerstones of your life and invest time in developing them. Building these connections will support and enrich you every day. Due to social distancing this may look a little different but we can still make it work.
How do you stay connected? Please share your pictures and comments below.
Tuesday Focus - take Notice
Be curious. Be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling. Savour the moment, whether you are walking to work, eating lunch or talking to friends. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters to you.
Here are some ways you can practice:
- Go for a walk and when you return home, write down what you saw, felt, heard, and smelt
- Document things you are grateful for
- Notice how your current of routine affects your mood
- Journaling or start a blog
- Implement gadget free zones or times within your day to day
- Monitor your sleep patterns and reflect