Welcome to Englehart Public School, home of the Eagles.
At Englehart Public School we are committed to:
- creating an environment that is safe and inclusive and values equity, diversity, and social justice.
- helping students reach their potential in academics, social relationships and character development in a positive and encouraging learning environment.
- engaging students in inquiry learning to help spark their curiosity and foster a quest for learning.
- supporting students in developing the literacy and numeracy skills that will be necessary for future success.
- providing opportunities for students to learn and grow outside of the classroom through extracurricular activities and intramurals.
- working with families and community partners to help our students (and staff) be the best that they can be.
- Learning about Social Justice – Each month we will be learning about a different Social Justice theme (e.g. families, culture and traditions, rights and freedoms) to help our students develop an understanding of the world beyond our community and to highlight the importance of good character skills (e.g. respect, responsibility, empathy, acceptance, trustworthiness)
- Bucket Fillers – Creating a positive and encouraging learning environment is an important foundation to help students be the best they can be. Based on the book, "Have you filled a bucket today?" (Carol McLeod), our students will be encouraged to "fill the buckets" of classmates and staff by looking for opportunities to do and say kind things, be a good friend, or provide a helping hand. We want students to make it a habit to think about how our words and actions affect others and how we make others feel.
- We are UPSTANDERS – We want our students not to be bystanders in situations where someone is not being treated kindly - we want them to take action to prevent or fight against bullying. Students are encouraged to tell the bully to stop, to encourage the bully and the bullied to walk away, or to go and get an adult to help resolve the situation. By being UPSTANDERS - we are helping our students understand their role in actively bringing the values of Social Justice to life.