Our schools continue to provide such amazing learning opportunities as part of Education Week and Mental Health Week! Here is a glimpse into what day 3 of the week had to offer across DSB1 schools:
- Timmins High and Vocational School proudly welcomed Holly Rodrigue, George Rose Paul Martin and Sharley Rodrigue who talked about the different styles of pow wow dancing and the various types of regalia worn. Nathan Naveau of Thunder Creek and Pierre Belec of the Timmins Native Friendship Centre joined in as well and brought the grandfather drum. Staff and students joined in for drumming, dancing and learning together.
- Englehart High School students planted flowers and offered them to people in the community. What a kind gesture and great way to share the joy for Mental Health Week! They also had the opportunity to learn phrases in Spanish!
- Schumacher Public School students are progressing well in their reading challenge for Education Week!
- Students at Golden Avenue Public School learned how to manage stress. Such an important skills in today's busy world!
- Bertha Shaw Public School hosted a wellness evening for families. Students and their families participated in different activities like painting, creating mindfulness bottles, dancing and learning more about wellness from community agencies.
We are so proud of everything happening in our schools during this important week!