District School Board Ontario North East (DSB1) is proud to announce that Trustees were sworn-in on Tuesday, December 4th, 2018. The Honourable Ralph Carr administered the Declaration of Office and Oath of Allegiance to five newly-elected and six returning Trustees.
"It was a pleasure to have our new Board of Trustees gather for this inaugural meeting. I look forward to continuing the amazing work of District School Board Ontario North East together", said Lesleigh Dye, Director of Education.
The Board of Trustees also held the Chair and Vice-Chair election for the 2018-2019 term. Bob Brush was acclaimed as Board Chair, and Dennis Draves was acclaimed as Vice-Chair.
"I am proud to have been selected by the Trustees as Chair of the Board for this term. The Chair plays an important role for the Board and I am honoured to continue to serve our communities in this capacity", said returning Chair Brush.
Present in the photo, from left to right:
- Val Fuller – Temiskaming Shores, Temagami, Elk Lake and area
- Brian Peever – Iroquois Falls, Black River, Matheson and area
- Howard Archibald – Indigenous Trustee
- Tom Henderson – Englehart and area
- Dennis Draves – Cochrane, Smooth Rock Falls and area
- Doug Shearer – Temiskaming Shores, Temagami, Elk Lake and area
- Steve Meunier – Timmins, Foleyet, Gogama and area
- Bob Brush – Timmins, Foleyet, Gogama and area
Not present in the photo are Trustees Rosemary Pochopsky (Kirkland Lake and area), Cindy Pye Reasbeck (Hearst and Kapuskasing) and Ken Steinbrunner (Timmins, Foleyet, Gogama and area)
Click below to view the full media release:
2018.12.05 Trustees Sworn In.pdf