DIstrict School Board Ontario North East is working to provide a seamless offering of its school facilities to local community groups and individual users through a simple online application process.
To book a school facility, applicants must be 21 years of age, have a valid, active email account, and must be able to provide a certificate of insurance for their event.
Creating an Account
If you are a new to the Community Use of Schools permit application process, you must first register for an account. The process is very simple, and easy to follow, and all you'll need to get started is an active email account.
- Click on the "Get Started" button at the bottom of the page.
- Proceed to the "New User" section, and click "Get Started" once again. (If you choose, there is a short instructional video available, that runs through the registration process. Volume up!)
- Click "Register" to begin the process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your personal information. Any box with a red triangle in the top right hand corner of it is mandatory information. At least one phone number is also required.
- You will be asked to create a username and a password that is between 6-64 characters long, and includes at least one number. You will also be asked to agree to the rules and regulations before you can complete your registration.
- Once you've done all of this, click on "Register".
- Click on the 'Continue' button to finish your registration.
Once you have successfully completed your registration you will receive an email asking you to validate your email address. This step is necessary to finalize the registration process, and place your new account in an active status. From here you can quickly activate your account by following the "validate email address" link. *If you don’t see the activation email in your inbox, please have a look in your 'Spam", 'Deleted', or 'Junk' mail folders, or add email@example.com as a trusted contact.
Once you've validated your email, click "Continue" and you'll arrive at the main screen again, where you can sign into your account and submit an application!
Submitting an Application
Applications need to be submitted a minimum of 3 weeks prior to your event, to allow for time to process your permit, and to make adequate staffing arrangements. In order to ensure a smooth and timely process, prior to submitting an application please ensure you have read and understand the rules and regulations, and have all of the required documentation in place.
Please note: Special permit requests (eg. permits requesting liquor/lottery licenses, or inflatable attractions) do have additional processing requirements, and are expected to be requested following the submission guidelines set out in the rules and regulations. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the denial of your permit request.
If you are a new user and have already completed the registration process, or if you are a returning user with an active account, please follow these instructions to create your permit application.
- Click the "Get Started" button below.
- Click the "Calendar" icon at the top of the screen to check the availability of the facility and space you'd like to use. By choosing the "Filter" button to the right, you can choose the facility and space you are interested in, from the drop down menu. Anything in blue is a current booking. Click on it to see the start and end time.
- Enter your Username and Password under "Existing Users".
- Click "Create New Permit Request".
- Follow the on-screen Instructions to enter your event details. If members or visitors of your event will be under 18 years of age, please ensure you check the box. "Continue to Next Step" at the bottom of the page to proceed.
- Choose "Add Booking(s)".
- If you know the facility and space you would like to use, choose the "Build" option ("Search" lets you search for an available space (eg. gymnasium) within the entire district).
- Follow the on-screen requests, and click "Add Booking" when complete.
- If your requested booking is not in conflict with another booking, it will appear in Blue. If it is in conflict with an approved or pending booking, it will appear in Red or Orange. Please check the "calendar icon" to see where your event is in conflict, and adjust accordingly. If you cannot see a conflict on the calendar, please contact the Community Use of Schools Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Continue to Next Step" to proceed.
- The next screen shows the estimated costs for your event. Please note that these costs are ESTIMATED costs, only. Additional charges may apply, and will be communicated to you as your permit is processed, if applicable. "Continue to Next Step" to proceed.
- On the next screen you will be asked to ADD the contact information for your event supervisor, and/or any special requests or information you need us to know. "COntinue to Next Step" once completed.
- The final page is a chance for you to review your permit/event information. If you need to make any changes, please use the "Back" button, otherwise, please choose "Submit" to finalize the process.
- "Completed" will bring you to another permit details page, which you can review if you choose, or you can simply logout at the top of the screen.