Mrs Dagenais and Mrs Piché Swain's STEP and STARS Weekday Warriors would like to thank everyone who participated in the Warrior Challenge yesterday. The event was well attended with over 800 students from all Kapuskasing elementary schools.
The aim of this challenge was to build community, promote positive mental health, promote equity, and team building. Our message for yesterday was to ensure each of the participants realize they are WARRIORS and to continue pursuing through anything they go through in life.
To our KDHS staff and student leaders who took time in their day to be part of our event we appreciate you!
To our sponsors, the event would not have been possible without you and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity and support for such a successful community event.
We would like to send out some high-fives to those who made this possible:
- High five to Tania Torok from Rock Box CrossFit for engaging the students in activities promoting health for life.
- High five to Jess Lallier from Namaste lead the students in Warrior poses and techniques to promote self-regulation skills.
- High five to Nathalie Lanthier for providing the students the opportunity to experience the music within them.
- High five to Kelly Mahon from O’Brien’s for making time in her schedule to ensure all participants in the event were set up with their food for the day!
- High five to Seb Lessard for taking time out of his day to speak to the group sending out a special thank you to educational staff who are committed to the lives of their students.
- High five to the OPP, Paramedics, and Firefighters who made time in their day to have some fun with the students and show their support for their community.
- High five to Nick, Jess from Moose FM and Chris from CKGN for being live on location.
- Lastly, a high five to our countless community volunteers who dedicated their day to ensure this event was a success!