We are happy you have decided to continue learning about how to improve your mental health over the summer! To support you, we have designed six Keys to Wellness Toolkits that focus on strategies to cope with stress. These toolkits will be released throughout the summer.
1. Breathing strategies that can help decrease how our body physically reacts to stress and helps us calm our minds.
01 Breathing Strategies Toolkit Kindergarten to Grade 6.pdf
01 Breathing Strategies Toolkit Grades 7 to 12.pdf
2. Muscle relaxation exercises that can help relax our body's responses to stress and feel better.
3. Visualization activities or guided imagery that will provide an opportunity to shift our focus away from worries and distractions.
4. Distraction activities that will help give us space when feeling overwhelmed with feelings and situations.
5. Thought-changing strategies that can help us slow down and notice how we might be feeling.
6. Gratitude activities that will guide our way of thinking to bring more positivity to our lives.