Role of the Audit Committee
The Audit Committee meets three to four times per year to manage the following duties:
• Oversee the financial accounting and reporting practices and issues
• Oversee the Board’s system of internal controls
• Oversee the internal and external audit function
• Oversee the Board’s system for monitoring compliance with legislative requirements
• Oversee the Board’s risk management system
Members of the Audit Committee
• Tom Henderson (Audit Committee Chair)
• Doug Shearer (Trustee, District School Board Ontario North East)
• Howard Archibald (Trustee, District School Board Ontario North East)
We are currently searching for two (2) external members for a three year term beginning January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2020. See the posting here.
• Laurie Bissonnette, FCPA, FCA (External Audit Partner, KPMG LLP)
• Melissa Dodge, CIA (Regional Internal Audit Manager)
• Lesleigh Dye (Director of Education, District School Board Ontario North East)
• Pearl Fong-West, BMath, CPA, CMA (Superintendent of Business/Finance and Treasurer, District School Board Ontario North East)
Audit Committee meetings are generally held a minimum of three times a year (September, December and June), or at the discretion of the Chair, at the Schumacher Board office.
Please notify the Business Department by phone at 705-360-1151 Ext 17676 for the date and time of the next meeting, and if you wish to attend and/or address the Committee.